Our Geography leader is Miss Lightfoot.
It is our intent for St Swithun’s Geography curriculum is to inspire pupils with a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that build a foundation for their future. As a result of this they will:
- Develop their contextual knowledge of the location of globally significant places
- Ensure they understand the processes that give rise to key physical and human geographical features of the world
- Give them the skills to collect, analyse and communicate with a range of data gathered through experiences of fieldwork that deepen their understanding of geographical processes
- Ensure they can interpret a range of sources of geographical information, including maps, diagrams, globes, aerial photographs and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Allow them to communicate geographical information in a variety of ways, including through maps, numerical and quantitative skills and writing at length.