Our History leader is Mrs McLaughlin
The intent of St Swithun’s History curriculum is to deliver a curriculum which is accessible to all and that will maximise the outcomes for every child so that they build a foundation for their future. As a result of this they will:
- Increase and develop their historical skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes.
- Increase their understanding of the present in the context of the past.
- Develop and use their skills in enquiry, analysis, evaluation, and argument.
- Develop their interest in the past, arousing their curiosity and motivation to learn.
- Develop a sense of identity through learning about the past.
History Day May 2022
On 27th May we celebrated the Queen's Jubilee in school. The children looked fantastic in their red, white and blue. In the morning the whole school had a history focus where we found out the changes that have happened over the last 70 years and placed significant events in chronological order. We ended the day with a street party, singing some celebratory songs and playing a Royal themed pass the parcel.
The Queen's Jubilee