Our Church School
Worship and Values
St Swithun's is a Christian values based school. Each half term the children learn about a new value. This is explored in class and through whole school and key stage worship.
At St Swithun's we believe that following a values based education will:
- Encourage all of us to do the best we can
- Provide a moral framework
- Encourage reflective thinking
- Help us understand how our behaviour can impact on our friends, our school and our community
- Strengthen our sense of belonging
- Promote the giving and receiving of support
At St Swithun's we think that the Inukshuk reminds us of the Values that we have in our school.
An Inukshuk is a stone monument in the shape of a human. They were built by the Inuit'a in the Arctic. They were way markers - a survival tool in the harsh climate.
All the stones are unique and separate but they support each other, They symbolise co-operation, balance and unselfishness.
The children are encourage to complete a pebble for Tuesday Worship to share what others have done to show the school's Values. Children who have shown the school's Christian Values receive a Headteacher's Award in our Friday morning Worship.